BAGO DIVISION – The Karen National Union (KNU) Central announced the list of 20 civilians who were killed and burnt by junta troops in Nyaung Pin Thar Village, Mone Township, Bago Division.
There was a battle between junta forces and Karen National Liberation Army (KNLA) near Nyaung Lay Pin Village on May 10 5:20 p.m. where five junta soldiers including one captain, one lieutenant and one seargent were killed.
After battle, junta troops rampaged into Nyaung Pin Thar Village and abducted the villagers as hostages. After tying up and separating the villagers into two groups, the inhumane junta soldiers mercilessly burned and killed nineteen villagers including four children and eleven women. They also brutally tortured and killed one villager near the village’s cemetery by pushing a spike into his body.
The list of the 20 civilians killed by junta forces were:
- Mr. Win Aung, 80-year-old
- Ms. Khin Ohn, 55-year-old
- Ms. Hla, 75-year-old
- Ms. Than Than Wai, 28-year-old
- Mr. Sit Paing Hein, 5-year-old
- Mr. Toe Toe , 53-year-old
- Ms. Tin Ohn , 53-year-old
- Ms. Jue Jue, 18-year-old
- Ms. Chit Tee, 58-year-old
- Ms. Tin San, 53-year-old
- Ms. Khin Yee, 68-year-old
- Ms. Than Than Shwe, 35-year-old
- Ms. Thet Hnin San, 6-year-old
- Mr. Kyaw Tin Thein, 55-year-old
- Mr. Win Myaing, 70-year-old
- Mr. Zaw Moe Aung, 40-year-old
- Ms. Thu Zar, 40-year-old
- Mr. Moe Wai Yan, 15-year-old
- Mr. Moe Wathan, 7-year-old
- Mr. Han Soe, 37-year-old
The junta soldiers also abducted four residents of Yay Oh Si Village and three other villagers who were visiting Yay Oh Si Village, as human shields.
The KNU Central announced that they strongly condemn the horrible war crimes and crimes against humanity committed by the junta council troops and will take action to bring them to justice.