SAGAING DIVISION – The junta with a massive force launched an offensive in villages from the north part of Kanbalu Township, Kanbalu District, from June 10 to June 20, forcing many people to flee their houses.
One villager said that the junta council had also cut off internet and telephone networks.
“We have been fleeing for ten days. When the junta launched an offensive, all communication networks were cut off. So far, twelve villages between Kanbalu and Kyunhla Townships are still fleeing.
The civilians from Nyaung Kon, Palu Tha, Makyee Kone, Thayet Taw, Taung Yar Seik, Ba Inn, Pay Kon, Le Hla, and Kokko Kon Village are fleeing due to the junta’s offensive.
“Most villagers are fleeing. If junta forces are near the village, they fire heavy artilleries. So, they must flee although they didn’t want. We couldn’t know the casualties of the civilians due to the loss of communication networks. We heard that some villagers were hit by the junta’s artillery shell but couldn’t confirm,” said a PDF comrade.
Locals said that nearly five thousand people are fleeing due to the junta’s offensive.